WORSHIP COORDINATOR POSITION
Trinity United Methodist Church in Van Wert is looking for a Worship Coordinator for our Praise Team. This position consists primarily of 1 weekly rehearsal and 2 Sunday morning worship services and assisting the Youth Director with the Youth Praise Band.
This position is as much about organization and team building as it is about leading worship.
This is a part time position (10-15 hours per week).
Requirements: Commit to serve Christ through our music ministry. Have a passion in leading and organizing music that enhances our worship experience. Have training or experience in leading praise and worship. Have a collaborative spirit to work with people and willing to share and receive feedback for the good of the working team and congregation. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Planning music for all Sunday services, special services, and weekly rehearsals
- Maintaining/developing team atmosphere among the volunteer Praise Team members
- Prayerfully selecting music within the vocalists' ranges that is appropriate to the sermon and inspires congregational worship
- Scheduling Praise Team members, including vocalists and instrumentalists, in a rotation
- Leading rehearsals, which includes proficiently playing vocalists' parts on the piano, to prepare for worship
- Meet with the pastor to coordinate music with the sermons.
- Maintaining an organized music database and library, and complying with licensing and copyright requirements
- Entering all worship graphics and lyrics into presentation software or making sure it is done
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please email resume and references to Jody Bigham, office manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the church office (419-238-9541)