YOUTH DIRECTOR POSITION
Trinity and North UMC are looking for a called, qualified, high energy, fun spirited, and mature Christian Youth Director. This position requires essential religious duties. The Youth Director will build a loving and inclusive Christian community among youth, grades 6-12, and their families, helping them to encounter Christ, and discover a place to belong, believe, and be a blessing to others. The Youth Director will be responsible for casting vision for the youth program and managing a team of volunteers, whose focus is on the engagement of youth through new and existing worship, bible study, fellowship, and mission/outreach opportunities. The Youth Director will work with other staff and church leaders to help integrate the youth ministry into every aspect of the church’s vision. Position is part time (20-25 hours per week).
- Candidate needs to meet the requirements of our Safe Sanctuary Policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree or training in youth ministry is preferred.
- Experience in working with youth is preferred.
WORSHIP COORDINATOR POSITION
Trinity United Methodist Church in Van Wert is looking for a Worship Coordinator for our Praise Team. This position consists primarily of 1 weekly rehearsal and 2 Sunday morning worship services and assisting the Youth Director with the Youth Praise Band.
This position is as much about organization and team building as it is about leading worship.
This is a part time position (10-15 hours per week).
Requirements: Commit to serve Christ through our music ministry. Have a passion in leading and organizing music that enhances our worship experience. Have training or experience in leading praise and worship. Have a collaborative spirit to work with people and willing to share and receive feedback for the good of the working team and congregation. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Planning music for all Sunday services, special services, and weekly rehearsals
- Maintaining/developing team atmosphere among the volunteer Praise Team members
- Prayerfully selecting music within the vocalists' ranges that is appropriate to the sermon and inspires congregational worship
- Scheduling Praise Team members, including vocalists and instrumentalists, in a rotation
- Leading rehearsals, which includes proficiently playing vocalists' parts on the piano, to prepare for worship
- Meet with the pastor to coordinate music with the sermons.
- Maintaining an organized music database and library, and complying with licensing and copyright requirements
- Entering all worship graphics and lyrics into presentation software or making sure it is done
SOUND TECHNICIAN POSITION
Trinity United Methodist Church in Van Wert, Ohio is looking for an experienced Sound Technician to run our sound board. This position consists primarily of 1 weekly rehearsal and 2 Sunday morning worship services. This position is part time (5-10 hours per week).
Primary qualifications and responsibilities
- Possess working knowledge of audio equipment (microphones and musical instruments audio).
- Be the expert on church sound system(s) (Midas M32 Digital Board)
- Collaborate with Pastors, Worship Coordinator, Music Directors, and Musicians to produce quality sound for all congregational services.
- Manage sound during a weeknight, usually on Wednesdays, for our praise team rehearsal (and other scheduled rehearsals as needed) and on Sunday mornings at both worship services and other special services, as needed.
- Train 1-2 technicians and coordinate coverage in the event sound technician is unavailable.
- Balance sound for both live in-person and online services.
- Record videos as needed during the week.
Commit to serve Christ through our music and audio/visual ministries. Have a passion in providing quality sound for worship and other meetings organized by Trinity United Methodist church. Have training in digital sound board operation or a similar system. Have a collaborative spirit to work with people and willing to share and receive feedback for the good of the working team and congregation.
TO APPLY FOR ANY OF THESE POSITIONS:
Please email resume and references to Jody Bigham, office manager (email@example.com) or call the church office (419-238-9541)